Sunday, February 17, 2008

Regress

I never thought Father Time to be synonymous with irony; but not so long ago the lord reared his head in such a spectacular fashion, that one could only call it ironic.

He came, when I was prepared to give everything of away; sold, in the hope that I would feature in some folkloreish story of love, honour and all things that transcend time and space. And because Father Time is synonymous with irony, he took everything away, with neither an apology or an IOU. At the time, I believed it to be a swift, brief (albeit, acute) attempt made on my life, from which I could move from with excuses of rationale, and more narcissitically, matyrdom.

But no. Because tonight Father Time gently nudged me again; a reminder that he'd neither forgotten or relented from his quest to make me fall to my knees.

And now, walking down Krakowskie Przedmiescie, with katabatic winds rushing past me, I can hear three soleful bell tolls ringing through the dead of the night. And I'm really shit scared that Father Time may be descending on me once more, his bedraggled greying beard trailing through history.

But what worries me most is not this man himself. What worries me is that I resent him and his sinister flare for circumstance, when he could in fact be my one deliverance from evil.

7 comments:

nixwilliams said...

o___O

a) are you ok?
b) what does this mean?
c) is it a REALLY ENORMOUS beard?

Daniel said...

How about I pop round to Father Time's house for a chat? I'll put in a good word for you.

Pusia said...

It's CLEAR I'm not a good writer if within ten hours of my posting I have people asking "WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?"

I was drunk and maudlin a while back, and things that I had buried were resurfacing. As I don't have the internet...the post was saved until later.

There's no excuse, though.

Teenage angst, anyone?

Nix: The beard is not to be reckoned with.

Daniel: I'd rather you leave a horse's head on his bed.

danjonathantravel said...

but WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?!

yes, GOOD writing is the kind of writing you understand at first glance and never have to look at again. EVERYTHING ELSE IS RUBBISH. this is why i choose to write about very short phone conversations.

Pusia said...

Hahahaha.

Can you stop being greedy with your blogger accounts and consolidate your many lives under one rubric?
like:
transpeoplethatliketotravel.blogger....i'll stop now.

danjonathantravel said...

NO!!! in fact, a couple of friends and i have started a new one - glutenfreevegetarian! HAHAHAHAH WE WILL RULE THE WORLD!

Pusia said...

my new one is:

biographicallogins2000